Clara de Asís is an electroacoustic music composer and experimental guitarist, born in 1988 in Spain and based in France. Her musical practice is held away from any formal academicism, aiming to transcend conventional instrumental approaches. She works mainly on prepared electric guitar, focuses on exploring the specificities of her instrument, and develops them both in live situations and throughout electroacoustic compositional processes within sounds from several sources. She often choices minimalist frameworks, which allows her to explore a certain idea or parameter until reaching its full development. Her music has been promoted on many international scenes, and she collaborates regularly with sound artists and contemporary musicians (among others: Laura Vazquez, Noël Akchoté, Antez, d’Incise, Golem Mécanique, Emmanuel Lalande, Nicolas Dick, Miguel A. García).
• À l’improviste au Festival Nuit d’Hiver, France Musique, Clara de Asís & Noël Akchoté, 19/12/2016. Interview (FR) with Anne Montaron & live. Listen.
• Carte Blanche (monograph) Clara de Asís, Radio Grenouille, 11/09/2016. Interview (FR) with Marianne Crousillac & works. Listen.
• Video-interview for Musicaelettronica.it, Firenze (ITA), Feb. 2017.
• L’Inertie (De Asís / Duplant) review on Fluid Radio by Nathan Tomas.
• Uno todo tres reviews
• Interview with Miguel Copon
• Yuri Landman, some words about Clara de Asís [ES]
• Appalachian Anatolia (14th century) review, Сигма [Syg.ma], by Илья Белоруков [Ilia Belorukov], 2 nov 2016 [RU]
• Boring Like A Drill, “More from the guitar: Sarah Hennies, d’incise, Cristián Alvear, Clara de Asís” by Ben Harper, 14 dec 2016
• Martin Klimeš, article about concerts in Czech Republic [CZ]
• Some words about Le Mont Analogue, revue Mouvement [FR]
• A press article about Sons de Plateaux#9 festival, journal Ventilo [FR]
• Clara de Asís and Laura Vazquez portrait-interview with Joanna Selvidès, Ventilo [FR]
• Announcement of a concert at the Fine Arts Museum of Nantes, Haut Parleur magazine [FR]
• NUNUNU review on Avant Music News
• NUNUNU review on The Modern Folk
• Memoryscapes review on Lo demás es ruido [ES]