Clara de Asís (1988) is a Spanish composer and guitarist based in France. Her works involve electroacoustic, minimal approaches and studio composition. She uses different combinations of materials and sound sources, with a main focus on guitar. She has developed a non-conventional and personal instrumental approach; with longstanding interest in minimalist frameworks, spacial auscultation and simplicity.
Her music has been showcased on many international scenes, and she has collaborated with artists such as Laura Vazquez, Noël Akchoté, d’Incise, Golem Mécanique, Bruno Duplant, Miguel A. García, Héctor Rey, Lauri Hyvärinen.
• À l’improviste au Festival Nuit d’Hiver, France Musique, Clara de Asís & Noël Akchoté, 19/12/2016. Interview (FR) with Anne Montaron & live. Listen.
• Carte Blanche (monograph) Clara de Asís, Radio Grenouille, 11/09/2016. Interview (FR) with Marianne Crousillac & works. Listen.
• Interview with Ismael G. Cabral for Atelier de músicas, El Correo de Andalucía [ES], June 2018.
• Interview with Simon Reynell for Another Timbre, Jan. 2018.
• Video-interview for Musicaelettronica.it, Firenze (ITA), Feb. 2017.
• Do Nothing, reviews
• Just Outside: Brief write-ups on six newish releases from Alan Jones’ Marginal Frequency label, by Brian Olewnick, Nov 2017
• November Concert Diary, about hcmf// 40th edition, Composition Today, Nov 2017
• L’Inertie (De Asís / Duplant) review on Fluid Radio by Nathan Tomas
• Uno todo tres reviews
• Interview with Miguel Copon
• Yuri Landman, some words about Clara de Asís [ES]
• Appalachian Anatolia (14th century) review, Сигма [Syg.ma], by Илья Белоруков [Ilia Belorukov], 2 Nov 2016 [RU]
• Boring Like A Drill, “More from the guitar: Sarah Hennies, d’incise, Cristián Alvear, Clara de Asís” by Ben Harper, 14 Dec 2016
• Martin Klimeš, article about concerts in Czech Republic [CZ]
• Some words about Le Mont Analogue, revue Mouvement [FR]
• A press article about Sons de Plateaux#9 festival, journal Ventilo [FR]
• Clara de Asís and Laura Vazquez portrait-interview with Joanna Selvidès, Ventilo [FR]
• Announcement of a concert at the Fine Arts Museum of Nantes, Haut Parleur magazine [FR]
• NUNUNU review on Avant Music News
• NUNUNU review on The Modern Folk
• Memoryscapes review on Lo demás es ruido [ES]